Prayer Meme

Kate (At Home in My Father’s House) tagged me for Mulier Fortis' prayer meme (thank you Kate), and here I detail which are my three favourite prayers. 

I hereby proclaim the rules of the meme:
"Name your three most favorite prayers, and explain why they're your favorites. Then tag five bloggers - give them a link, and then go and tell them they have been tagged. Finally, tell the person who tagged you that you've completed the meme... The Liturgy and the Sacraments are off limits here. I'm more interested in people's favorite devotional prayers."

My favourite prayers are:

The Joyful Mysteries of the Rosary – Our Lady of Fatima asked for the daily recitation of the Rosary six times. And whilst I find the Glorious hard to concentrate on, I find the Joyful much easier to meditate on. The Presentation in the Temple is my favourite decade. I pray a lot to Anna-in-the-temple, and last year prayed for a friend who was pregnant and who later called the child 'Anna'.

Chaplet to St. Michael which include prayers to the Archangels. Uplifting. Effective. Extremely meritorious. How did someone as Densa (as opposed to Mensa) like me get a first in my final exams? This will be the subject of a future post.

The Seven Dolours. So many promises. So few the minutes it takes to say it. And so instructive that Our Lady suffered so very much, and was not spared excruciating mental anxiety. She understands the complexities, angst and disquiet that we all suffer. I have prayed this prayer when I feel nervous and anxious, and it has relieved my tension. 

Now, I tag:
Fr Finigan. The courage he has shown in his blogging gives great example to us all. 
Luke Coppen. Luke works extremely hard, and The Catholic Herald is a fine paper. 
The Ironic Catholic. The PJ Wodehouse of Catholic bloggers.

Last step! I must tell the above bloggers that they have been tagged.

Comments

  1. Just in case you're interested in following what happened to that meme, and how it mutated, come on over and check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts